Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kitchen



So finally we're very close to having our kitchen completely done. I know we should be posting pictures of the baby's room, but we're trying to be a little low key with that, so I'll post pix of our kitchen instead. I really should have taken pictures before and after,so you could really see the difference, but this room is going to be so great I may want to move my bed done there, next to our very fancy dishwasher. The anxiety is ratcheting up. Up to this point I've been excited and scared, but happy excited none the less. For some reason today, I got sad. More worried than excited, and very grumpy. Those of you who have known me for a long time are probably saying, "But Steven, Grumpy is your middle name." So maybe it's about time I've hit this stage. I'm kinda thinking it's pre-post-partum depression. Though there'll be no partum for us. We've got the baby suitcase almost packed, still need a couple of items. Also, still unclear about what kind of formula they use in India. I've been asking, to see what may be available to buy. We also want to keep the baby on the same formula he/she started with, so I think I want to bring it into the hospital. So trying to figure that out as well.

Truly can't believe we're leaving on Sunday. Steve and I keep looking at each other and saying, "What have we done???"

8 comments:

  1. Safe travels guys!! Diwali is an amasing feeling, just being here is incredible!!! The kitchen looks amasing but I still want pics of the babies room!

    See you Monday..... Fly safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. see you next week then! Good luck! Kitchen looks fantastic.
    Ula

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen is just beautiful. Tithadshu. And nsiya tovah. We can't wait to hear the good news and to see the family when ou return. The babysitting shingle is out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOOOO jealous...you have an actual kitchen! We have a TINY, but highly functional kitchen. Prerequisite of next house is big kitchen. Oh, and the prep sink looks to be the perfect size for baby baths!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you safe and uneventful travels! You'll be so happy to have a new kitchen since meals out will be less frequent now! Be sure to post baby pix and birth info as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful kitchen! waiting to be invited to a shabbat meal...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous kitchen! Wow... don't worry about the pre-post-partum depression. It's normal whenever you have an enormous life change. That's all it's about. Love, aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for the kitchen support. I hope they're finishing it up while we're here. EnTLiat, you're invited as soon as you can come over! Writing more soon. xoS+S+?

    ReplyDelete